✰ Vegetarian Enchiladas ✰
written on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 @5:30 PM
Losing Weight, Gaining Life, Laughing at Myself Along The Way

I managed to get the tree taken down today and the rest of the presents have been put away as well. It feels so much better in here already. There is just something about having a tree up after holidays that makes me feel cluttered.

This morning I woke up and decided to try something new for breakfast...



It was a complete fail. This is my third time trying greek yogurt and my third time hating it. I have tried three different brands to no avail. It is so bitter it is hard to eat it. I forced my way through it though. I got it for free with a coupon, so no loss there at least.

Dinner was a winner. I made Vegetarian Enchiladas and Corn and Onion Rice Pilaf. I got the recipes out of a Weight Watcher Cookbook and so I cannot share exact amounts with you but I will walk you through it anyway.

To make the enchiladas you need:


Spread the beans on the tortilla and put your ground "meat" down the center of it. I choose to use Morningstar Farms ground beef crumbles but you can use whatever you like.


Roll the tortillas up and place them seam side down in an 8 inch baking dish, like so...


Top with enchilada sauce and cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.


When it comes out it will look like this:



Of course, no enchilada would be complete without rice on the side. Here is what you will need for that:



Cook the rice according to the package. Saute onions and corn until the start to brown. Stir in cumin and butter, and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, stir in rice, salt, and pepper.


The finished product:


Like I said, dinner was a winner. You must make this, it is seriously wonderful. When I told the Marshmellow Baby there were no leftovers, this was her response...



Need I say more?

Labels: ,

➾ 0 thoughts || leave yours?