✰ Potato Bacon Soup ✰
written on Monday, January 17, 2011 @3:03 PM
Losing Weight, Gaining Life, Laughing at Myself Along The Way

It is January 17th and I have yet to make it to the gym one single time... I guess you could say I find excuses to avoid exercise. It never really has been my cup of tea. The experts tell you to find an exercise you consider to be fun and that way you will stick with it; well what do you do when every exercise in every form makes you groan at the thought of it?

That being said, I have set a goal this year to be able to run 5 miles. Well obviously if I never make it to the gym then it isn't going to happen. So this week I will aim to make it to the gym one time. I know if I just get the first visit over with then it will be easier the second time. In the meantime though I will hide inside from the cold and stuff y face with some yummy potato soup.

What's that you say? You want potato soup too? Well lucky for you it is souper (pun intended) easy to make.

Your starting lineup:


You want to chop 2 slices of bacon and throw it in a pot over medium high heat. While the bacon is browning, chop your onion. It's all about multitasking people! Let the bacon cook until it starts to brown, like so...



Throw in the onion and move it around to coat it in the bacon grease that is sure to find itself adhered to your backside later :)


Let the onions sweat out a bit and then add in half a bag of these bad boys:


Give it all a good stir. Throw in some salt and pepper for good measure. This is what you should be looking at now:


Add in a can of chicken broth, cover and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 4 minutes.


After the 4 minutes, remove it from the heat and using a potato masher, mash it all up. I didn't have a potato masher so I just used my handy dandy spatula.


You will be left with a thick mixture, but never fear, the milk is here. Add in about a cup of milk...


Stir it all up and put it back on the heat just to warm it back up a little.


I served mine with green onions and cheese on top.


It was so good. I love potato soup. O'Charley's has the best around but this will do fine in a pinch. Oh and it came together in 15 minutes, and that my friend can not be beat.

If you happen to try this let me know what you think, mmkkk? And I will be sure to do a full post on my first gym visit this week, if it happens :)

Labels: ,

➾ 0 thoughts || leave yours?