✰ Moving is my hobby- part 1 ✰
written on Saturday, April 23, 2011 @12:25 PM
Losing Weight, Gaining Life, Laughing at Myself Along The Way

I have been married 5 years. In that 5 years we have moved 6 times.  Yes, that’s right, six.  For some reason we just never seem to last very long in places before we move on.  I thought it would be fun to take a walk down memory lane.  I don’t have pictures for all of the places but I have plenty of things to talk about.

Our first move was when we got married- January 2006.  We moved into a triplex on the college campus (Wingate University).

pearl circle

 

It was an old, run down 2 bedroom place and we were just stoked to be able to afford it.  We moved there in the winter and everything was great.  Around May that year I was scared out of my kitchen forever by a spider the size of my hand.  That is no exaggeration, if I hadn’t been so petrified I would have taken a picture.  It was a man-eater.  Shortly thereafter we found out he had a family living outside near the front steps, and they were all as big as he was.  Around the same time in our bedroom water started magically appearing on the floor at the foot of our bed.  I don’t know what the deal was with that, but I knew it was time to get out of there when I started having migraines on a daily basis.

We answered a rent ad on Craigslist and went the next day to see the house.  By this point we no longer needed to live next to the college, so off to Charlotte we went.  Upon looking at the house initially I didn’t like it at all.  But beggars can’t be choosers and we needed to move. We signed a lease and moved in about a month later.  We had upgraded from our 2 bedroom/ 1 bath rundown triplex to a 3 bedroom/2 bath three year old house in a subdivision.  We were excited to be there and felt like life was moving forward for us.

greenway vista

 

Then the late night car chases and people banging on our door at 3 am began.

To Be Continued…


 

➾ 0 thoughts || leave yours?